September 6, 2012

Change is in the air

I love how busy-in-a-good-way this past month has been for us. So much to do, to see, to soak in... As soon as temperatures drop just a few degrees, and I can sense the sun shining just a little different, the instinct of enjoying warm days and good weather kicks in, and I can't help but want to spend more time outside, pack as much living into these days as possible.
(photos were taken either with iPhone or my manual-focus-only D200. I'm loving unintentional blur of some photos, and find myself doing it on purpose occasionally)

Inspiration from friend's garden...
Untitled

Labor Day weekend. Sheepdog competition. We had a blast...
Untitled

Untitled

Visiting family at the farm. Moody skies. Smell of hay...
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

After a looooong break, knitting again, gifts (this one is for my mom) and such...
Untitled

Hiking again. This time we reached the lake! But on a different hike, Twin Lakes Reservoir...
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled

Drawn to simple comfort foods at the first hint of autumn. It really is in the air...
Untitled

10 comments:

Amy said...

I love your photography, Olya. So good to have you blogging again!

celeste said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos.

I have a D100 that only focuses manually anymore. It's forced me to experiment. Definitely some photos are even better blurry. Funny that.

sheena said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog--I am just in love with yours! Another little family that romps around in the mountains.....love it:)

Bridget said...

those stormy photos are amazing.

Janet said...

Olya, Hello! I just happened upon your blog via Sara's blog-- Walk Slowly Live Wildly. I am happy to have found your sweet little blog. I am a fairly new blogger, for I started blogging this past August. Your blog just spoke to me and I felt like I had to introduce myself. I do enjoy "meeting" new fellow bloggers. If you will, please drop by my blog: raindropsaresweet.blogspot.com the title of my blog is Magnolia Wind. Please leave a comment or email, so I will know that you stopped by... Take care and have a great day.... Janet

emily said...

oh how i envy your outdoor adventures!

bohomamasoul said...

i'm a new reader, i found you through the sling diaries. i have one of the same slings you have, the striped one with the beautiful, pastel colors. i love sakura bloom. anyway, i'm envious of your life and your four beautiful babies. we recently lost baby #3, only finding out at our one and only ultrasound at 19 weeks. we're slowly healing and hoping to be full with new life again soon. my dream is to have four or five, and my two boys would love siblings (although my still-nursing two-year old might have qualms with that statement). your words and pictures paint such a lovely life to be lived, and your energy is so evidently positive and full of light. thank you for sharing your everyday with us, it's inspiring.

Sarah said...

Hello! I just found your blog and spent the last couple days reading it - you take such beautiful, colorful, pictures and tell some wonderful stories about life and motherhood. Since it has been a year since your last post I'm assuming you are kinda done with blogging, but if you ever come back you would have one more Utah reader! Hope all is well with you and your family.

softearthart said...

Cool photos, cheers Marie

Jessica said...

Olya, I miss your beautiful posts! I hope all is well with you & yours. xo